MOUNTAIN GARDEN AND THE TED SCHESKE TOWN PARK RULES
Rental Fees Effective May 5, 2021
MOUNTAIN GARDEN FEES:
|June 15 – September 30 (Fri or Sun)||$850|
|June 15 – September 30 (Saturdays only)||$1,100|
|June 15 – September 30 (Mon-Thur)||$400|
|Rest of Year||$500|
|June 15 – September 30 (Fri or Sun)||$500|
|June 15 – September 30 (Saturdays only)||$600|
|June 15 – September 30 (Mon-Thur)||$400|
|Rest of Year||$400|
- A refundable damage deposit of $500 is charged for each event.
- Rental of the Wedding Garden and/or the Pavilion includes use of 18 eight-foot tables and 125 white resin chairs. You are responsible for the set up and take down of these tables and chairs.
- There are no changing rooms available. DO NOT change clothes in the parking lot. Please either arrive dressed for the wedding or use our bathrooms to change in.
- Mountain Garden ONLY reservations provide exclusive use of Garden to the wedding party for three (3) hours. Arrival before 9:00 A.M. is strictly prohibited. Arrival before 9:00 A.M. will result in an additional charge of a minimum of $150.
- Mountain Garden ONLY reservations include access to the Pavilion in case of rain for two (2) hours during the time of your scheduled wedding.
- Pavilion ONLY reservations provide exclusive use of the Pavilion to the wedding party for the day of the reservation from 9:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Arrival before 9:00 A.M. is strictly prohibited. Arrival before 9:00 A.M. will result in an additional charge of a minimum of $150.
- Pavilion AND Mountain Garden reservations provide exclusive use of the Pavilion AND Mountain Garden to the wedding party for the day of the reservation from 9:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Arrival before 9:00 A.M. is strictly prohibited. Arrival before 9:00 A.M. will result in an additional charge of a minimum of $150.
- Please be aware, there can be other events in the Pavilion (unless reserved) park, or tennis courts at the same time as a wedding.
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is required within ten days after receipt of the contract and should be made payable to: Town of Mt. Crested Butte, P O Box 5800, Mt. Crested Butte, CO 81225 or deliver to 911 Gothic Rd, Mt. Crested Butte, CO. The remainder of the rental fee and damage deposit is due to the Town 60 days prior to the date of the reservation. The damage deposit shall be returned within 30 days after the wedding if no damage has occurred. Please see below for more information regarding clean-up and the damage deposit.
- Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis by calling the Town of Mt. Crested Butte at 970-349-6632, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Town of Mt. Crested Butte provides two restrooms and all necessary restroom supplies. There is a dumpster below the Pavilion where all trash from the Pavilion will need to be discarded at the end of the event. If the dumpster is locked there is a key located in the cabinet in the Pavilion for access. The code to the cabinet is 2015.
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted. Serving alcohol shall be in accordance with the liquor code of Colorado. Cash bars are strictly prohibited. Renters shall indemnify and hold the Town of Mt. Crested Butte harmless for any injuries or damages which occur as a result of alcohol consumption.
- Catering firms are obligated to pay sales tax to the Town of Mt. Crested Butte on any food and beverages prepared and delivered to the event. Arrangements to pay the sales tax due can be made with Emily Wallick at 970-349-6632.
- Bands and amplified music are permitted in the Pavilion until 10:00 P.M. Please be considerate of the neighbors. Police Officers are empowered to enforce a reasonable noise level. All music must be turned off at 10:00 P.M. and the event must end at 10:00 P.M. Failure to end the event at 10:00 P.M. will result in the loss of half of the damage deposit.
- Parking is available in the Town Hall parking lot (20 spots), the parking lot below the Pavilion (10 spots) and the bus stop at the south end of the park (15 spots). Overflow parking should be along the west side of Gothic Road (the park and Town Hall side of Gothic Road). Shuttles, carpool, bicycles and walking are encouraged.
- Persons renting the Mountain Garden or Pavilion are responsible for any and all damages to property and injury to persons. The $500 refundable damage/clean up deposit shall be returned 30 days after the event. The Pavilion, Wedding Garden and restrooms will be inspected at the end of the day after the event by the inspection officer, which will determine if the deposit will be refunded.
- The flagstone in the aisles and wedding circle are uneven. The wedding party and guests should take this into consideration when planning their foot ware.
- Remove any directional signs, banners and decorations from both Garden and Pavilion by the end of the event (10:00 P.M.).
- Do not throw rice, confetti or birdseed. Throwing of flower petals is allowed, BUT they must be picked up and discarded.
- Do not remove any flower containers from their original location.
- Wedding Rehearsals are scheduled 30 days prior to the wedding by Town Staff in coordination with the wedding group who have a reservation on the same day as the rehearsal. Rehearsals are 30 minutes. No additional activities are permitted during rehearsal.
- The Pavilion can accommodate a maximum of 125 guests. If the group size exceeds 125 people, an additional charge of $250 will apply.
- The venue is in a residential neighborhood. When playing music please be respectful of the neighbors because music/noise does carry with the wind and does bounce off of the mountains. If the event is too loud the police department will shut down the event and the damage deposit may not be refunded.
- If the grill is used, please leave the charcoal ashes in the grill to cool down. The Parks Department will remove them at a later time.
- In order to receive the damage deposit refund, the following must be completed:
- Return the tables and chairs to their storage locations (stacked the way they were originally).
- Remove all decorations.
- Pick up and discard in the dumpster all trash in and around the Pavilion and Wedding Garden including garbage from the trash cans, flower petals, flower decorations, and cocktail fixings such as lemons, limes, etc.
- Ensure the recycling bin is only filled with bottles and cans. No food, paper plates, garbage, cups, boxes, etc… Bottles and cans only are permitted in the recycle bin.
- Ensure no damage to the property including the restrooms.
- The Parks Department will clean the restrooms after the event but if they are excessively dirty there will be an additional charge for excessive cleanup.
- No cooking is allowed on the brick patio.
- All clean-up, including the removal of tents, dance floors, rented items, etc, must be completed/removed by 7:00 A.M. the next morning. If anything is left after 7:00 A.M., the Mt. Crested Butte Parks Department will remove any items left and place them next to the dumpster. Any excessive cleaning the Parks Department has to perform will result in an additional charge of $50 per hour.